Hotels in Budapest
Budapest hotel list
Prague the Golden City Prague the Golden City
Home Infosheet What to See Museums & Galleries Entertainment Nightlife
Hotels Shopping Restaurants Visitor Needs Tours Conferences

Residence Permit

In Prague on Business
Residence Permits
Work Permits
Trade License
Foreign Investment

Visitors to the Czech Republic are divided in 2 categories, those who are here for a short time and those who will stay in the country for a longer time perhaps even permanently. If you earn money while you stay in the Czech Republic, you will automatically be excluded from the first category. How long you are allowed to stay in the country as a tourist depends on the agreements between your homeland and the Czech Republic. Officially you are obliged to register at the local police station within five days if you intend to stay longer than 30 days. If you live in a hotel the registration will happen automatically.

Residence Permits are NOT required if you originate from an EU country. Persons intending to stay in the Czech Republic who originate from OUTSIDE the EU are obliged to apply for a Residence Permit.

Applications for a W ork Permits are given to the labour office by your employer / company or by you personally. It will take about 3 weeks for a work permit to come through and then it will be possible apply for a long term residency which can take up to 6 months.

Due to variations in agreements between different countries and the Czech Republic, it is strongly recommended that you establish what is required with regards to permits etc. with the Czech Embassy in your country of origin.

 If you have any questions about our services, do not hesitate to contact us,