Hotel a Praga
Lista hotel a Praga
Prague the Golden City Prague the Golden City

Home Alberghi Cultura Intrattenimenti Ristoranti Attrazioni Shopping Informazioni Generali

Permesso di soggiorno a Praga

Visitors to the Czech Republic are divided in 2 categories, those who are here for a short time and those who will stay in the country for a longer time, perhaps even permanently. If you earn money while you stay in the Czech Republic, you will automatically be excluded from the first category. How long you are allowed to stay in the country as a tourist, depends on the agreements between your home land and the Czech Republic. The Danes can stay in the country for up to 6 months without visa. Officially you are obliged to register at the local police station within five days, if your stay lasts longer than 30 days. If you live in a hotel the registration will happen automatically.

The application for the work permit is given to the labour office of the area by the employer company or you personally. It will take about 3 weeks for the work permit to come through and then it will be possible apply for a long term residency which can take up to 6 months.

To apply for a residence permit you will have to go the office for foreign residence permit, at Olsanská 2, Prague 3. If you want to register as a tourist, go to office no. 1. The application forms can only be found on Czech, but it is possible to find policemen, who can communicate in English. Another possibility is to apply for residence permit at the Czech Embassy in Denmark, but the work permit must be applied for in Prague.

To apply for residence permit following papers must be brought along.

  1. An application form, filled out in Czech.

  2. Photos, 3 pieces, passport size.

  3. Your criminal pass registration from the Czech Republic can be obtained: Nám. Hrdinu 1300, Prague 4.

  4. Passport

  5. Documents, which prove your accommodation is in the Czech Republic. It can be lease contract on a house, apartment, stay at friends, or ownership papers of house or apartment. If you live in a hotel or in a dormitory you need an a official printout from this place.

  6. Proof of work. Work permit, trade licences or documents, which prove that you are able to provide for yourself, after you have received a residence permit.

All documents can only be maximum 180 days old. All letters, graduation papers and other documents must be signed by a notary.

The charge is 1.000 Kc to obtain the residence permit, which must be paid by obtaining a stamp, which can be bought at the office for foreigners at the police. The residence permit is valid 1 year, and the renewal must occur at least 2 weeks before expiry date, where as you have to go through the whole procedure again. A good advice: Avoid the police office Mondays and Fridays as there is big risk of queues.

LinkExchange Network


Hotel in Europa
Hotel a Praga
Rep. Ceca
Eventi Culturali
Gite Guidate
Mappa di Praga
Che tempo fa
Hotel a Budapest
Guida Budapest

N.B. Tutte le prenotazioni sono effettuate attraverso la nostra agenzia di servizi turistici "Codan Agentura"
  • E-mail
  • Fax:
    00420 251019361
  • Telefono:
    00420 251019360

  • Nell`eventualita` di qualsiasi aiuto o consiglio durante la Vostra permanenza, invitiamo a contattare la nostra sede a Praga situata in: Zlatnicka 10, Praga 1; telefonare al numero d` emergenza indicato sul Voucher a prenotazione effettuata; un rappresentante del nostro team, sara` lieto di informaVi ed esaudire qualsiasi Vostro desiderio.

    Per ulteriori informazioni o chiarimenti riguardanti i servizi offerti dalla nostra Agenzia CoDan Agentura, invitiamo la gentile clientela ad inviare un email al seguente indirizzo telematico: